A four-head machine AS340 for automatic MIG/MAG welding of car wheels (circular seams).
AS340 intends for automatic MIG/MAG welding of intermittent circular seams of joint a rim with a disk of the car wheels by the diameter 13-16 inches.
Two machines are mounted on one frame.
Each machine provides rotation of a wheel relative to four stationary torches for welding four seams with a length up to 120 mm or eight seams with a length up to 40 mm.
There are three modes of the machine: manual for control of all devices; automatic with manual loading-unloading of wheels and automatic with loading of wheels by a conveyor.
AS340 consists of:
- control system;
- operator console;
- set of removable assembly fixtures;
- mechanism of the rotator raising;
- four mechanical control systems for torches;
- safety screen;
- four sets of welding equipment.
- System controls a rotator, a mechanism of raising, four mechanical control systems for torches and for kits of welding equipment.
- An assignment of coordinate of beginning and ending of seams, weld parameters and manual control under all devices provides by a remote panel.
- There is a library of setting on 20 types of wheels.
- Two machines in 2008 at "Wheel plant", Kremenchug, Ukraine.